COVID-19 Business Response
We’re not going to send you an email about what we’re doing to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 in our business, like every other company you’ve done business with since 2010. But we are your neighbors, and taking care of your health and well-being is how we do things around here. We wanted you to know what we’re doing to make our operation as safe as possible. Here’s what we’ve done so far:
- Our retail space at 1910 Post Alley, Seattle, WA 98101 is closed. We’re still shipping phone (206-448-4054) and online orders, and would love to make sure you’re stocked up on tea during this stressful time.
- We’ve instituted a policy where only two people work in the store at a time to maintain social distancing.
- All employees engage in frequent handwashing and hand sanitizing.
- When we’re packing orders, we wear gloves, and wash and sanitize the gloves frequently (if you’re curious, that looks like either washing gloved hands, or spraying with 90% rubbing alcohol and allowing it to dry).
- We’re frequently sanitizing high-touch surfaces, including our cell phones, doorknobs, light switches, store phones, keyboards and computer mouses, register touch-screen, and so on.
- We’re all frequently taking our temperatures and monitoring for symptoms. Employees are self-isolating appropriately and staying home when they are ill.
We will continue to monitor the CDC and other public health recommendations, and will update our practices promptly to best protect and care for our customers and employees.